I made these as a special treat on the day of our 17th Family Birthday. I love celebrating the day our family begun with the kids, it just seems even more special! (Keep reading to hear the story of the day our family was born, you will be surprised!) Oh, and in case you were wondering, my bestie will be watching the kids tonight so Triple T Dad and I can have a romantic dinner out 🙂
Here’s my recipe if you would like to make them too.
- 1¾ cups of self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- ⅓ cup castor sugar
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Break the eggs into a large jug. Add the milk and the sugar and beat with a fork until mixed together.
- Make a hole in the middle of your flour and gradually whisk the milk mixture into the flour.
- Cover the bowl and let mixture rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put some butter into a frying pan and heat over a medium temperature.
- Spoon the desired amount of batter into the pan.
- Using the edge of the spoon push the batter into a heart shape.
- After two minutes flip your heart over and cook until it is lightly browned.
- Take each heart out of the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Enjoy with Nutella and berries or cinnamon sugar or maple syrup and cream. Mmmmm, delicious!
This year our family celebrates 17 years of being a family! 17 years ago I eloped with my soul mate to a Scottish seaside town and married my soul mate in front of two witnesses and we became a family 🙂 Six years ago we renewed our vows in a Celtic ceremony in an Australian seaside town in front of all our family and friends.Talk about polar opposites!
What is your love story?