After all that egg decorating and waiting for the Easter Bunny, the day finally arrives!
Rising early on Easter Sunday we head to our local service, to celebrate with our friends and community the blessing of new life!
It is then time to make the most of the Autumn sunshine with a picnic on the beach and a fun Easter Egg hunt in the dunes.
This slice is just the thing to take on a picnic. It has a crunch when you bite into it and then this delicious chewy texture but the best bit is the chocolate icing that just dances over your tongue!
Easter Hunt Slice is really quick and easy and is perfect to make with your kids. See our tips for kids in the kitchen here 🙂
Happy Hunting xox
- 4 Weetbix (or other type of cereal biscuit) ~ crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 125g butter ~ melted
- 1 egg ~ lightly beaten
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 30g butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Mini Eggs
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Add butter and egg. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto baking tray and using the back of a wooden spoon press the mixture down until it lies flat in the tray (see picture below).
- Cook 15 - 20mins.
- Remove from oven allow to cool in the tin.
- Make icing.
- Ice once slice is cool and decorate with mini eggs.